INDIANAPOLIS — Meijer is donating $1 million in turkeys to food banks in the Midwest to support them during the pandemic.
In total, the retailer is donating 50,000 frozen Meijer and Honeysuckle turkeys to several of its food bank partners including Gleaners in Indianapolis. The list includes:
- Gleaners Indianapolis
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana in Fort Wayne
- Dare to Care in Louisville
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin in Milwaukee
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana in South Bend
- Forgotten Harvest in Oak Park, Mich.
- Gleaners Detroit
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee
- Northern Illinois Food Bank in Geneva
“While progress is being made against the pandemic, we understand the impact it’s made remains a challenge for many people,” Meijer President & CEO Rick Keyes said. “Meijer cares about our communities, and we wanted to do our part to help those in need. We appreciate the partnership with the Cleveland Browns to help ensure the Greater Cleveland Food Bank has what it needs to serve the community.”
This series of turkey donations is in addition to the turkeys Meijer donated during the holiday season, and the more than $7.6 million it donated in 2020 to help feed hungry families across the Midwest through its "Simply Give" program.