MAKE A WISH! Study reveals what we all feared about blowing out the candles

(Photo: Pixabay)
Published:
Updated:

CLEMSON, S.C. (WTHR) - The next time someone hands you a slice of birthday cake, we guarantee you'll remember this story - and probably decline the offer.

A new study from Clemson University finds the act of blowing out the birthday candles increases the amount of bacteria on the cake by 1400%!

Mouths are full of bacteria, but the good news is most of them are not harmful.

Experts say it's highly unlikely you'd get sick from eating birthday cake that was wished upon, unless the guest of honor is coughing and sneezing, too.

Filed under: