Magnifying glass sets chair on fire in Wisconsin

Photo: Courtesy of Greenfield Fire Rescue
Published:
Updated:

GREENFIELD, Wis. (WTHR) — A small fire was started from what sounds like a science experiment gone wrong.

But firefighters say it simply was just the perfect placement that did the trick!

The fire department in Greenfield, Wisconsin say a charred chair caught fire due to a magnifying glass in the sun was pointing directly at it.

Fortunately, the homeowner was there at the time and was able to prevent the fire fom spreading.

Filed under: