INDIANAPOLIS — About a week out from the start of the Olympics, and USA Track & Field will be bringing its "RunJumpThrow" program to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis.
The program will be at the outdoor Sports Legends Experience on Saturday, July 17 from noon until 3 p.m.
Children will get a chance to learn from professionals, including a certified USATF Level 2 coach. Those professionals will shows kids how to develop their skills in a variety of areas including agility, track fundamentals, throwing, relay races and hurdles.
“Our coaches play a key role in creating a positive impact on a child’s development and helping them discover the fun in physical activity and sport by giving them specific and tangible things to work on,” said Caleb Bailey, Director of Riley Children’s Health Experience at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
The program will be free with admission to the museum.
Information on tickets to the museum can be found here.
What other people are reading:
- Here's the list of 'Back to School' dates for districts across central Indiana
- This trick could save your family more than $100 on airfare
- Indy native making name for himself as 'Hoosier Ninja'
- Schools, parents worry how pandemic phenomenon of 'learning loss' will affect students returning to the classroom
- Indiana DNR reports 10 bird species found sick, dying from mysterious illness