CLEARWATER, Fla. — He's one of the newest residents at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium got a name on Monday.
The new 26-year-old male dolphin was rescued in late July 2019 in the Florida Keys by Dolphin Plus Marine Mammal Responder.
He was found stranded and weak in shallow waters. He was taken to the SeaWorld Orlando Rescue facility, where he was treated for pneumonia and significant weight loss.
The aquarium received more than 10,000 name submissions from folks across the country. The Animal Care Team narrowed it down to two and Nicholas picked the winner: Hemingway.
Nicholas. is famous for predicting the winners of 9 out of 16 sports match-ups, most recently, accurately picking the Kansas City Chiefs to win the 2020 Super Bowl.
What other people are reading right now:
- Weather service rates Orlando tornado as an EF-1
- Former Florida Gator, NFL wide receiver Rechell shot, killed in Tampa
- Amid national unrest, family still seeking justice after father dies in TPD custody
- Minneapolis City Council announces intent to disband police department
- Invasive, toxic toads reemerge in South Florida
- Tropical Storm Cristobal makes landfall in Southeast Louisiana
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office responds to "8 Can't Wait" campaign
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter