House burns after robot vacuum catches fire

WLWT image
Published:
Updated:

FORT THOMAS, Kentucky (WLWT) - A homeowner is encouraging people to check their smoke detectors after she says they saved her life.

Price told WLWT she was in the shower when she heard a smoke alarm go off. She thought it was just her robot vacuum getting stuck. But the alarms were her smoke detectors.

"I saw smoke from the back of the couch and flames coming from underneath the robot vacuum," Price said.

She said the fire spread quickly through her living room. Price was able to get out unharmed. Two children also live at the home, but were not there at the time.

Police said the home is likely a total loss.

Fire investigators have not pinpointed whether the vacuum was the source of the fire.

Filed under: