Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un to meet without complete list of nuclear weapons

President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un shake hands upon meeting at their summit in Singapore.
Published:
Updated:

SINGAPORE (WTHR) — NBC News is reporting a second meeting between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will go on, despite North Korea not supplying a complete list of its nuclear weapons and missile sites.

Vice President Mike Pence spoke exclusively to NBC News Thursday. The meeting is set for early 2019. The U.S. has pressed North Korea for more details on its nuclear operations since the first meeting between the two leaders in June.

Since then, North Korea has refused to give details and postponed a meeting with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last week.

“I think it will be absolutely imperative in this next summit that we come away with a plan for identifying all of the weapons in question, identifying all the development sites, allowing for inspections of the sites and the plan for dismantling nuclear weapons,” Pence told NBC News.

At a meeting of Asian leaders in Singapore, Pence said it was time to see action, and not just form relationships.