Circle of Lights Auditions
Tom Wood Talent Search for The Circle of Lights 2020
Downtown Indy Inc.'s Circle of Lights, presented by IBEW Local 481 is Indy's most time-honored holiday tradition. In 2020, the event is going to look and feel a little different than the past 57 years due to precautions being taken to protect against COVID-19.
This year, the Circle of Lights will be a special made-for-TV event. Instead of congregating downtown, the show will be seen exclusively on WTHR Channel 13 on Friday November 27, 2020 at 7:00pm.
But don't worry! The lights will still be strung with care by the generous volunteers from IBEW 481. Great musical acts will still get you in the holiday spirit. And Santa will still help flip the switch to illuminate Monument Circle, marking the kick-off to the holiday season. But this year, spectators will enjoy the show from the comfort of their homes.
The Tom Wood Talent Search is your chance to appear in this very special TV event. Submit your video audition online (below) and you'll have a shot at appearing in this year's Circle of Lights made-for-TV broadcast. Central Indiana residents are encouraged to audition!
Online Online Auditions: September 30, 2020 – October 19, 2020 11:59PM EDT
· Please review all of this information before recording or submitting your online audition.
· Judges will evaluate your performance based on the following criteria:
o Visual presentation
o Stage presence
o (Remember, this is not just a singing competition)
· If your act is chosen, WTHR will arrange a time to record your performance in late October or early November. Your recorded performance will appear in this year's Circle of Lights TV broadcast on November 27, 2020 at 7pm EST.
o Pick your music and/or song!
· Holiday or Winter Theme
· We recommend something UPBEAT and fun!
· No solo a capella (however GROUPS singing a capella ARE allowed)
· No lip syncing
o Dress up in holiday style! Show us the attire you'd wear on TV for the big show.
o Please limit your audition video to 2 minutes.
· If the song you're performing is longer, consider starting your audition later into the song (like the chorus).
o Please follow CDC guidelines when recording your audition, including:
· Social distancing & wearing masks if in close proximity with people who don't share your residence
· Avoid congregating if you've been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms
o If you're using your phone, be sure to turn your phone sideways and shoot HORIZONTALLY.
o To have great audio, be close to your phone or camera and avoid any loud noises in the background (traffic, television, radio, etc.)
o Make sure you are well lit. Try to have the light source or sun in front of you to light up your face and avoid shooting with windows behind you.
o Steady video looks best. If you are using your computer webcam, make sure it is on a solid surface. If you are using your phone or a camera, prop it up on a table or tripod -- or ask a friend to hold the camera steady and shoot it for you.
· Submit your audition using the
IMPORTANT NOTE: This will take several minutes. Once you click “Submit” do not refresh, go back, or close your browser.
· You'll be notified by October 31,2020 via e-mail if you are chosen to appear in this year's broadcast.
· Any questions? E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Thanks for auditioning! Good luck!