One firefighter went to the hospital after putting out a fire in the 5600 block of Regency Drive.
Firefighters called a medic to the scene to take the firefighter to Methodist Hospital to be checked out for chest pain.
A homeowner told firefighters that she believes a space heater might be to blame for the fire.
The woman told firefighters that she turned on a space heater in the bedroom, then went out to get a pizza. She was gone for about two hours. When she returned, she fell asleep in the car and never went back into the house.
When the woman woke up, her next door neighbor was kicking in her front door and her house was on fire.
The house is considered a total loss, with damage estimated at $75,000. The family has insurance and will stay with relatives.