Race for the Cure 2014 in Indianapolis - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Race for the Cure 2014 in Indianapolis

Updated:
INDIANAPOLIS -

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Indianapolis  is one of the biggest races in the nation to end breast cancer.  It takes place on Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Military Park in downtown Indianapolis.  There is an Opening Ceremony and a Pink Parade of breast cancer survivors at 7:30 a.m.  The 5K Run/Walk starts at 9 a.m., followed by a 1-Mile Family Walk.  The Race for the Cure celebrates survivors, remembers those who have lost the battle, and raises critical funds to find a cure.  WTHR is once again a proud sponsor. 

SUSAN G. KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Military Park-Downtown Indianapolis

Register for the Race for the Cure: www.komenindy.org

Channel 13 Eyewitness News Anchors John Stehr will and Anne Marie Tiernon will serve as the emcees of this year's Race for the Cure Opening Ceremonies.  Last year's attendance, of more than 27,000, raised $2 million for breast cancer research, treatment and education. 

Of the net proceeds from the Indianapolis race, 75% will stay in Central Indiana to fund screenings and follow-up care for underserved women. The proceeds will also help provide education about breast health and early detection, as well as education and outreach programs.  The remaining 25% helps fund the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Program.

For the race map, including impacted roads, click here.

Powered by WorldNow