PF Chang's evacuated due to fire - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

PF Chang's evacuated due to fire

Updated:
INDIANAPOLIS -

A small fire forced PF Chang's restaurant at the Circle Centre Mall to evacuate.

Indianapolis Fire Department crews were dispatched just before 2:00 pm to investigate a report of smoke inside the restaurant.

Firefighters discovered an overheated heater motor in the ceiling of the restaurant, which sent smoke into the HVAC ductwork.

The air-handling system was shut down to isolate the source. Damage was estimated at $15,000.

Champps Restaurant was also evacuated temporarily due to smell of smoke.

In all, 17 IFD units responded, along with Indianapolis Metro Police and IndyGo. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes.

No one was injuured.

Powered by WorldNow