Coroner: IU student died of accidental overdose - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Coroner: IU student died of accidental overdose

Updated:
Source: Facebook Source: Facebook
Abigail Bott died at her McNutt Quad residence. Abigail Bott died at her McNutt Quad residence.
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -

An Indiana University freshman died from an accidental overdose, the Monroe County Coroner's Office has found.

Abigail Bott, 18, was found dead at her residence in McNutt Quad in October. She was found by a friend and an employee of the residence hall.

The coroner's office says Bott died from an overdose that was not alcohol-related and no foul play is suspected. The investigation into her death has concluded.

"It makes me realize how careful you have to be," said IU student Jamie Haubenreiser, speaking to Eyewitness News in October.

"It's close to home. I see it," said student Emily Donahue.

The Monroe County Coroner's Office says there was no evidence of trauma.

Bott was a freshman from the Chicago area.

Police on campus are still investigating the death of another freshman in August. Rachel Fiege, 19, died after falling down the stairs during an off-campus party. Investigators are still waiting for toxicology results in Fiege's death.

Students say two deaths in less than two months is a harsh lesson. Many say it comes down to being more careful, looking out for friends and looking out for themselves.

Powered by WorldNow