Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon says he hasn't spoken with Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick about the future of the schools' fading football series.
Brandon says in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday that after the Fighting Irish play at the Big House on Saturday night, the soonest they will be back for a game will be the early 2020s.
Swarbrick handed Brandon a letter on the field in South Bend, Ind., that canceled games from 2015 through 2017 about an hour before the storied programs played last year. Swarbrick wrote in the letter the move was a necessary precaution because the process of meeting its scheduling commitment to the Atlantic Coast Conference had begun, adding the school would like the "great football rivalry" to continue.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Links to the FCC website to view WTHR and/or WALV’s on-line public inspection files:
WTHR: https://stations.fcc.gov/station-profile/WTHR || WALV: https://stations.fcc.gov/station-profile/WALV
Individuals with disabilities may contact Jill Pursell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 317.655.5602, for assistance with access to the public inspection files.