The Colts and the NFL have a new bag policy in place that limits the style and size of bags that may be brought into the stadium.
On Friday, August 9, 2013, WTHR will be giving away bags that meet the new requirements. We'll be at the Indiana State Fair near the Grandstands Box Office. The give-away is from noon to 6:30 pm while supplies last.
The NFL Committee on Stadium Security in May unanimously recommended the changes, which were officially announced in July.
Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
· Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12."
· Colts' season-ticket holders will be sent compliant bags in early August courtesy of the team.
· One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar) AND
· Small clutch bags or purses, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
· An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the Northwest and Southeast corners of the stadium.
Every member of a family will be able to carry in approved bags.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.