Several fire departments fought a fire that partially destroyed an AMVETS building in Bloomington Tuesday afternoon.
The fire broke out at the AMVETS headquarters on Airport Road around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters told the Bloomington Herald Times the fire started in the building's bingo hall. The blaze spread quickly through a breezeway into a bar area.
Ten people had to be evacuated from the bar, the newspaper reported.
The bar building was almost completely destroyed and the other building was heavily damaged by smoke. A new Harley-Davidson motorcycle the group was planning to raffle off was also lost in the fire.
The Herald-Times reports one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.