Officials say they've found more problems that could delay the return of residents to a 96-unit apartment complex in central Indiana that they shuttered because of natural gas leaks.
Anderson building commissioner Frank Owens says a contractor who reviewed the Arbor Village Apartments estimated it could take weeks to repair the gas lines. Owens tells The Herald Bulletin inspectors have found unapproved electrical work in several apartments.
Vectren spokeswoman Chase Kelley says the gas leaks that prompted the evacuation Wednesday night weren't major but could've led to serious problems if not repaired.
Arbor Village owner Tom Stanley says the apartments were safe with the gas shut off until repairs were made. He says he's invested nearly $1 million in the complex since buying it three years ago.
(Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)