Food booth at Evansville festival catches fire - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Food booth at Evansville festival catches fire

Posted: Updated:
EVANSVILLE -

A food booth caught fire during a large street festival in Evansville when a worker believes its griddle got too hot.

No one was hurt in the fire Monday evening during the 91st Annual West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. Harwood Booster Club booth worker Chris Angle says it appears the griddle overheated a wall to start the fire.

Angle tells the Evansville Courier & Press that the booth would be removed from the festival area because of the damage and not return for this week's activities.

Angle says the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived but that they tore the wall open because it was smoldering inside.

The Nut Club festival boasts some 125 food booths for its weeklong event that runs through Saturday.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow