The Colts' rookie quarterback Andrew Luck is among the nominees for Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week honors for Sept. 13-17.
Other rookies up for the mention are: St. Louis Rams punter Johnny Hekker, Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson, Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill and Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Year will be announced at the second annual "NFL Honors" awards show in New Orleans on Saturday, February 2, the night before Super Bowl XLVII.
A closer look at the finalists:
· St. Louis Rams P Johnny Hekker averaged 54.3 yards per punt and netted 48.7 yards per punt as he helped the Rams beat the Washington Redskins 31-28. Hekker had a game long 66 yard punt in the fourth quarter as well as pinning one punt inside the Redskins 20.
· Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck threw for 224 yards and two touchdowns on 20 of 31 attempts as the Colts beat the Minnesota Vikings 23-20.
· Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson tallied a game-high 109 yards on 19 carries and one touchdown in the Browns 34-27 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.
· Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill completed 18 of 30 passes for 200 yards and one touchdown as the Dolphins beat the Oakland Raiders 35-13.
· Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 15 of 20 passes for 151 yards and one touchdown as well as accounting for 28 yards on the ground in the Seahawks 27-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
Links to the FCC website to view WTHR and/or WALV’s on-line public inspection files:
WTHR: https://stations.fcc.gov/station-profile/WTHR || WALV: https://stations.fcc.gov/station-profile/WALV
Individuals with disabilities may contact Jill Pursell at email@example.com, or 317.655.5602, for assistance with access to the public inspection files.