Buckeye Candy - A perfect paring, chocolate and peanut butter! Your kids will love these!
Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies - Don't tell your kids there's a vegetable in these cookies! These are moist, simple and delicious.
Growing up mom always had this waiting for us as an extra special after school treat.
2 cups creamy peanut butter, (not all-natural)
1 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3 3/4 cups (16-oz. box) powdered sugar
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
2. Beat peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Melt morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
4. Dip peanut butter centers into melted chocolate using a toothpick, leaving a small portion of the center uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape bottom of candy on side of bowl. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Adding in zucchini is a great way to sneak in a vegetable in these delicious cookies!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium)
1 cup quick oats
1 cup chopped nuts
1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar in large mixer bowl until well combined. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well. Add zucchini; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, nuts and morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.