Notre Dame LB Calabrese enters diversion program - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Notre Dame LB Calabrese enters diversion program

Posted: Updated:
SOUTH BEND -

Notre Dame linebacker Carlo Calabrese has entered into a pretrial diversion program that calls for a misdemeanor intimidation charge against him to be dismissed if he performs 20 hours of community service and isn't arrested again in the next year.

Calabrese was arrested May 3 after an off-campus party. Police said he became upset when quarterback Tommy Rees was arrested, ignored warnings to stay out of the street and twice told an officer, "My people will get you."

Calabrese, a 21-year-old senior, signed the agreement on July 25. The 20-year-old Rees pleaded guilty last month to misdemeanor resisting law enforcement and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

Notre Dame has suspended Rees and Calabrese for the Sept. 1 season opener against Navy in Ireland.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow