Remains found in 9/11 rubble linked to NYC man, 40 - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Remains found in 9/11 rubble linked to NYC man, 40

Updated:

NEW YORK - New York City forensic technicians are still identifying human remains found in the rubble of the World Trade Center nearly a decade after the 9/11 attacks.

The office of New York City's medical examiner announced Tuesday that it had successfully matched a set of remains to 40-year-old Ernest James of New York, who had been assumed dead in the collapse.

A spokeswoman says James was identified within the last few days through DNA testing.

He worked for the professional services company Marsh & McLennan, which lost more than 350 employees and consultants. James' fiancDee says he worked on the 88th floor of the North Tower, the first building struck by hijackers.

Authorities have identified the remains of 1,629 victims. Nearly 2,800 people died at the trade center on 9/11.

Sept. 11 anniversary: Share your story

(Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow