Indianapolis - The four men facing charges in last week's quadruple homicide are no strangers to the law.
While prosecutors have hinted that Donte Hobson and Ronald Davis were the shooters that killed two women and their young children January 14, they say all four men have had previous arrests. That's one reason why police called in the SWAT team to 21st and Capitol Thursday, where they took 21-year-old Zarumin Coleman into custody. His arrest record includes robbery, criminal confinement and drug possession.
Jasper Frazier, 36, surrendered to police in Toledo, Ohio Wednesday, he has arrests for DUI and driving while suspended on his record. Hobson was arrested Saturday morning by SWAT officers at his apartment at Ohio and Dickson Streets. Given the 30-year-old's criminal background, police knew to use caution.
"They were quick, and I applaud them," said Trenikah Barnes, who lives next door to Hobson and witnessed the arrest. "A lot of SWAT cars were here. Police cars pulled over here. A lot of action, a lot of noise."
Hobson's past includes arrests for domestic battery, dealing narcotics and battery on a police officer.
A relative of suspect Ronald Davis defends him as the shooter.
"I did listen to part of the investigation," she said. "He said he did not do it. He said he was not the shooter. He did not shoot those babies. He was at the scene."
Davis has arrests for battery and dealing narcotics on his record, serving a ten-year sentence for that crime.
Coleman will be in court Tuesday to learn the formal charges he will face from prosecutors. According to the prosecutor's office, the preliminary hearings for the other suspects have not yet been scheduled.