These Pureheart Watermelons are great in a Shrimp and Spinach Salad or try this simply zesty Dulcinea Melon salad. For dessert, check out these refreshing Lemonade Pureheart Pops and Dulcinea Melon Pops.
To keep sticks standing up in cups, top filled cups with a small piece of foil. Make a small slit in the center and slide the stick through. It will stay standing until popsicles are frozen.
To remove popsicles from molds or cups, turn sideways and run under warm water until the popsicles slide out easily.
Alternate layers of different colors of yogurt with mashed melon for fun and colorful striped pops.
Mashing melon is easy! Just put small cubes onto a large cutting board or a large plate and mash with a fork.
Dulcinea® Melon Pops
1. Mash Tuscan-Style Cantaloupe and PureHeart® Watermelon with a fork.
2. Spoon layers of melon into popsicle molds or small paper cups.
Juicy Dulcinea® Melon Pops
1. Stir together mashed Tuscan-Style Cantaloupe or PureHeart® Watermelon and your favorite juice in a bowl.
2. Spoon into popsicle molds or small paper cups.
3. Add sticks and freeze until firm.
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil for vinaigrette
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for shrimp
5 cups baby spinach
4 Rosso Bruno Tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
1 PureHeart® Mini-Seedless Watermelon, remove rind and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
2. Toss shrimp with garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon ground pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until done.
3. Divide spinach among 5 servings plates; top with the Rosso Bruno Tomatoes, PureHeart® Watermelon and red onion. Top evenly with grilled shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette.
PureHeart® Mini-Seedless Watermelon
Orange or Lemon Liqueur (Cointreau®, Grand Marnier® or Limoncello®)
Fresh mint leaves
Lemon or other citrus zest
1. Chill melons than cut into bite size pieces.
2. Place melon in a bowl and drizzle the melon with a splash of lemon or orange liqueur.
3. Finely chop the fresh mint and top with the mint and grated citrus zest as desired.