Woman dies from shooting in Noblesville subdivision


Noblesville - Police in Noblesville are investigating a shooting in a subdivision that left a woman dead.

It happened on Dry Creek Road in the Meadows of Shelbourne at Deer Path subdivision, which is along Greenfield Avenue, just west of Verizon Wireless Music Center.

Noblesville Police say 46-year-old Shirlen Dyson of Indianapolis was shot in a vehicle in the subdivision. Witnesses say they saw two vehicles in the neighborhood and one drove the other vehicle off the roadway.

"She was run off the road by this Dodge Stratus. The driver allegedly got out of the vehicle, fired at least two rounds into the vehicle," said Noblesville Police Lt. Bruce Barnes.

Dyson later died from reported gunshots to her chest.

"He gets back into the vehicle, does a U-turn, immediately flees the scene," Lt. Barnes said.

Meanwhile, Fishers Police confirmed that they received information about the suspect who fled from a shooting scene. A Fishers police officer located a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle on I-69 north of 96th Street a short time later.

About 30 minutes later, police stopped the vehicle on westbound I-465 just west of Meridian Street. As police approached, they say the suspect, 46-year-old Vincent Dyson of Indianapolis, shot himself in the head.

"It looks like he just shot himself. Go ahead and get a medic started here right now," an officer said over police radio.

Vincent Dyson was taken to Methodist, but also died of his wound.

Investigators have still not said how the victim and suspect are connected. Neighbors would like to know what happened, too.

"It's actually pretty scary 'cause, you know, it's a block away from my house and I didn't hear anything, but it's pretty scary," said Charles Jones.

"Makes you think about where you live and the people who live around you," said Casey Ochieng.

"We just hope that we can get resolution to this as quickly as possible, so that hopefully, we can put people's minds at ease," Lt. Barnes said.

The woman was Noblesville's first murder victim in two years.