Wind-whipped fire destroys Fort Wayne restaurant
A large fire has destroyed a Fort Wayne restaurant, with high winds fanning flames high into the air as it burned overnight.
The fire was reported late Sunday at the Paper Lantern restaurant on the city's north side. Crews arrived to find heavy flames and smoke coming from the Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant.
WANE-TV reports flames rose more than 30 feet above the building and roof collapsed. The restaurant was closed at the time and no injuries were reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Mark Nelson tells The Journal Gazette that firefighters had to stay outside the building and made sure the blaze didn't spread to nearby businesses.
Nelson says investigators didn't immediately know how the fire started.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)