Toddler sent to hospital after swallowing pills

Published: .
Updated: .
An 18-month-old is fighting to recover after police say the girl swallowed an entire bottle of prescription pills.

Investigators said the toddler was unstable, and is now being treated at Riley Hospital for Children.

The pills belonged to the girl's father at their home on Grassy Bank Drive. That's near Edgewood Avenue and Five Points Road on the city's southeast side.

Homicide detectives and Child Protective Services have been notified.