Three escape fire on the city's east side


Three people escaped a house fire on the city's east side this morning about 5am.

The fire took place at 1933 North Parker Avenue.

According to Indianapolis Fire Department, a man told investigators that he fell asleep while heating grease on the stove.

A woman in the house awoke to find the kitchen on fire and alerted the other two to evacuate the house.

All three were checked at the scene for smoke inhalation and released.

IFD wants to remind residents to never leave food unattended on the stove.

October is Fire Prevention month and all residents should check their smoke detectors now to make sure that it is working. Smoke detectors save lives!