SPOILER ALERT: Gold medal in women's Olympic snowboarding halfpipe
Watch all the action tonight on WTHR Channel 13!
Farrington posted a score of 91.75 during her second run, just good enough to beat Bright's 91.50. Clark, who smacked the wall during her first run in the finals, recovered to earn bronze and win her third Olympic medal.
Farrington, who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, had spent most of the run-up to the games playing second-fiddle to Clark, the 2002 Olympic champion. The 24-year-old needed to navigate the semifinals to reach the medal round but responded brilliantly.
The victory gave the U.S. just its third gold medal of the Games, all of them coming at Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
1. Kaitlyn Farrington (USA), 91.75
2. Torah Bright (AUS), 91.50
3. Kelly Clark (USA), 90.75
4. Hannah Teter (USA), 90.50
5. Rana Okada (JPN), 88.50
6. Xuetong Cai (CHN), 84.25
7. Sophie Rodriguez (FRA), 79.50
8. Shuang Li (CHN), 73.25
9. Jiayu Liu (CHN), 68.25
10. Mirabelle Thovex (FRA), 67.00
11. Queralt Castellet (ESP), 61.75
12. Ursina Haller (SUI), 48.75