Special deals and discounts abound at Indiana State Fair
INDIANAPOLIS - If you're looking for some family fun that won't break the bank, the Indiana State Fair says they have some deals for you.
Fair officials have brought back many popular deals from last year's fair, including the $2 Tuesday's promotion, along with adding a few new ones.
Here are the highlights of the special values at this year's fair:
· Midway Deals - Walmart will offer special vouchers for midway wristbands for just $17 prior to Aug. 5. That's a $5 to $8 savings for each wristband purchased! Wristband holders also receive a free Pepsi and game ticket.
· Free admission ticket in the Indianapolis Star - On Monday, Aug. 8, the Indianapolis Star will print a ticket good for free admission to the fair on the following Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 10 and 11.
· Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday - On Tuesday, Aug. 9 and 16, visitors are admitted for just $2, compliments of Turkey Hill Dairy with voucher printed from Turkey Hill.
· $2 Taste of the State Fair - Also on both Tuesdays of the fair, Aug. 9 and 16, concessionaires all over the fairgrounds will have $2 servings all day long!
· Free lottery ticket - On Hoosier Lottery Day, Aug. 13, all guests over the age of 18 can redeem their fair admission ticket stub for a free lottery ticket from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· IPL Carload Day - Large families and groups of friends traveling to the fair together will want to take advantage of this great offer, on Monday, Aug. 15. Admission is only $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with a voucher printed from IPL.
· BMV Day - Fairgoers can save $4 off of the $8 gate admission on Aug. 17 by redeeming the voucher available online.
· AAA Day - Hoosier AAA members receive free admission on Aug. 18 when they show their valid 2011 AAA membership card at the gate.
· Free admission for Military personnel and families - The State Fair is honoring our current and former members of the Armed Forces by offering free admission for them and family members on Thursday Aug. 18, with the presentation of a military ID.
· $2 discount with Pepsi brand can - All visitors who bring any Pepsi brand can on the fair's final day, Aug. 21, will receive $2 off the gate admission.
· Indiana State Fair Value Coupon Book - Fairgoers can save money on everything from corn dogs to sunglasses by purchasing this book of coupons for just $5. More than $100 in deals and discounts are being offered by dozens of fair vendors. The books are available in the State Fair Gift Shop presented by Indiana Soybean Farmers.
In addition to those great deals, here are several more tips when trying to save on a trip to the Indiana State Fair:
· Arrive early and take advantage of the free parking in the fairgrounds' infield.
· Take advantage of the free Indiana State Fair shuttle by parking at Glendale Mall's Rural Street lot. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day of the fair.
· Save $1 off fair admission when by biking to the State Fair and using one of the secured bike racks available on the Monon Trail at 38th Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
· Planning to take the WFMS FairTrain to the fair with the whole family? Tickets are available at the Fishers Train Depot, on the train and at the Hook's Drug Store Museum. Prices are $13 for adults and $6 for children (2-12). Children under 2 ride for free.
· Seniors (age 55 and older) can ride the tractor shuttles around the fairgrounds for just $3 a day with a wristband purchased from the State Fair Information Booths located in Pioneer Village and on State Fair Blvd. Seniors ride free on Golden Hoosiers' Day, Aug. 16.