Search continues for person who sparked Ball State alert
A Ball State University official says investigators haven't yet been able to determine who sparked last week's partial campus lockdown by repeatedly shouting "gun!" inside a building.
Associate vice president Tony Proudfoot tells The Star Press that investigators are reviewing surveillance video from the Health and Physical Activity Building and are continuing to interview witnesses.
Part of the Muncie campus was locked down for three hours Friday after several people reported hearing someone repeatedly shout "gun!" but a police search of several buildings turned up no sign of a weapon.
Proudfoot says it is important to determine who shouted "gun" and why the person did it.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)