Organizers hoping to extend Indy's MotoGP deal
Organizers are nearing a deal to keep Indianapolis on next season's MotoGP and an announcement could come as early as this weekend.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Doug Boles told The Associated Press on Friday that he has met four or five times with Dorna officials about keeping the race.
Like last year, the two sides came to Indy this weekend with no agreement. But unlike 2011, when the announcement of an extension was made in September, Boles believes this announcement will come no later than early next week.
This is the sixth time MotoGP race at Indianapolis and the crowds have gradually shrunk. Boles said he expects Sunday's crowd to be close to last year's estimated crowd of 40,000.