One dead, 2 serious in early morning house fire

Photo Courtesy: Indianapolis Fire Department
Published: .
Updated: .

Fire investigators say they believe a deadly fire started from a grease fire on the stove.

One female was killed and two male occupants escaped but suffered serious injuries.  Officials say all 3 victims are in their 40's. 

Indianapolis Fire crews were called to the scene of a house fire at 2326 Groff Avenue, near Lafayette Road and Tibbs Avenue at about 4:12 a.m.

The call was dispatched as a fire with entrapment.

IFD confirms that one person died in the fire.  Two others were transported to the hospital in serious condition.

Fire crews say it was a "stubborn" fire to fight due to frigid temperatures.

Eyewitness News will have a reporter live on the scene during Sunday's Weekend Sunrise.