Northside family escapes house fire

Published: .
Updated: .


The smell of smoke may have saved a north side family when their house caught fire early Friday morning. Just after midnight, they noticed smoke in their home in the 8100 block of Claridge Road, near 86th and Hoover.

They were able to get out of the house and call 911. Firefighters arrived to find flames on the roof of the two-story house, but were able to put the fire out within minutes. 

No word yet on what sparked the fire, but a crew had been working on the roof earlier in the day.

No one was hurt.