Noblesville Fire Department fights house fire

Published: .
Updated: .

A fire caused significant damage to a home at 208 Ashford Court in Noblesville on Wednesday. That's in the North Harbour Housing addition.

Flames and smoke were pouring from the home's garage when firefighters arrived a little after noon. Two vehicles parked in the driveway were also on fire.

When the fire broke out, the homeowners were behind their home on the golf course fairway. They discovered the working fire in their garage, and had to escape out the back.

It took Noblesville Fire Department crews about an hour to get the fire under control. The fire caused about $250,000 in damage.

No one was injured.

Firefighters believe the fire started in the garage of the home in the area of a work bench. In the area there was an ash tray, power strip and numerous electrical appliances.