New Albany house fire kills three children
Three young children were killed when flames tore through their southern Indiana home.
The kids were in bed when the fire broke out shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday in the 300 block of Ealy Street in New Albany. Rescue crews were able to save one child, but three others, all under the age of 10, were found dead inside the home.
Investigators say combustibles were left too close a space heater, which started the blaze.
The New Albany Fire Department is reminding residents to keep flammable items at least three feet away from portable heaters, furnaces and fireplaces.