Man dies one week after Lebanon house fire


A Lebanon man found inside a burning house on June 19th died this afternoon from respiratory injuries and smoke inhalation he sustained during that fire.

Police said Shawn Lambert, 45, was involved in a domestic disturbance with his wife, Dorothy on Tuesday night, June 18th. One of the two intentionally set their house on E. Noble Street on fire, according to a statement released by Lebanon Fire Chief Jason Lee.   

Dorothy Lambert suffered minor injuries.

Firefighters were able to quickly rescue Lambert using breathing apparatus. Two Lebanon Police officers were sent to Witham Hospital for minor smoke inhalation. They were treated and released about two hours after Lambert was pulled from the house.

Alcohol was a factor involved with this incident, according to Lee.

The Lamberts had several domestic altercations that escalated in severity, according to police.