IU announces 2013-14 men's basketball schedule
The defending Big Ten Champion Indiana University men's basketball team announced its 2013-14 schedule and will open its season on Friday, November 8 when it hosts Chicago State. Indiana will play 20 games (including two exhibitions) in Assembly Hall.
While tickets are sold out for all of the games that take place while class is in session, fans can still purchase a four-game Holiday mini-series pack that is available through the IU Athletics Ticket Office (1-866-IUSports). The four-game set includes games against Evansville on November 26, Nichols State on December 20, Kennesaw State on December 22, and Michigan State on January 4. Last year, IU finished fifth in the nation in attendance and set a school record averaging 17,412 fans per game. IU has sold 15,500 student season tickets with each student receiving eight of the 16 available game tickets. A national-high 7,800 tickets are reserved for students in Assembly Hall. Students are able to purchase the mini-series package at the regular student rate.
• Eleven games are slated for the ESPN family of Networks, while potentially four games could appear on CBS. The Big Ten Network will announce their schedule of games at a later date.
• Last year according to RPI figures, IU played the 10th toughest schedule in the country and 54th best in non-conference play enroute to earning a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
• IU will take host two games as part of the 2K Classic (Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project) when they play LIU Brooklyn, November 12 and Stony Brook, November 17. The Hoosiers will then travel to Madison Square Garden in New York where they will play Washington on November 21 and then either UConn or Boston College on November 22.
• The Hoosiers will welcome back former assistant Bennie Seltzer when he brings his Sanford team into Assembly Hall on November 15.
• IU will play Notre Dame for the second time in three years at the Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis on December 14.
• For the fifth straight year, IU will play a game on New Years Eve. The Hoosiers travel to Illinois. IU will close the season on the road at Michigan for the second straight year.
• Saturday home conference games include Michigan State and Northwestern on January 18. Sunday home games include Illinois on January 16 and Michigan on February 2, and Ohio State, March 2.
• Senior Night will be March 5 against Nebraska. In one-play conference games, IU will play at Minnesota and Purdue and host Iowa and Ohio State.
• The Big Ten Tournament will be March 13-16 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.