Internship opportunities at WTHR-TV
As a continued commitment to the community, WTHR offers internships in News, Sports, Weather, Photography, Producing and Social Media.
Students who are currently attending an accredited college or university and have achieved junior status are eligible. Students majoring in journalism, broadcasting or communications are preferred.
The internships are not paid and applicants must receive academic credit in return for the internship.
Participants must have good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities and knowledge of world, national, state and local current events.
The internship program follows these guidelines:
• No intern will participate longer than a 40-hours per week. Interns are needed in various day-parts including Days, Nights, Sunrise and Weekends.
• Interns will be required to fill out a time sheet each week to account for hours worked and provide a description of various experiences that week.
• To complete the internship, each intern is expected to produce self-edited news packages for resume material.
An intern's duties will likely include:
• Learning & observing the Assignment Desk.
• Assisting show Producers by writing copy and researching stories.
• Accompanying Reporters and Photographers in the field to observe as they gather information and video.
Applications should include a current resume. Successful applicants will have completed college courses in news writing and editing with an exposure to electronic news gathering and video editing. We are currently taking intern applications for the fall of 2016. Summer of 2016 is full.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org