Indiana State Fair discounts and deals
The Indiana State Fair is once again helping Hoosier families stretch their entertainment dollars. The advance ticket price is still just $7 (kids 5 and younger are free) and there are many other special pricing and discount opportunities over the fair's 17-day run Aug. 3 – 19.
Fair officials have brought back many deals from previous fairs, including the wildly popular Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesdays promotion. They have also added a new multi-day admission ticket that is good for one admission for up to three days of the fair for $18, which is a $12 savings on the gate admission.
"We understand that many Hoosiers are looking for value when deciding where to spend their family entertainment dollars and we think the fair is a tremendous value," Indiana State Fair Executive Director Cindy Hoye said. "Children under 6 years old are still admitted free, and we're proud to offer young families such an affordable experience with so much great free entertainment."
Here are the highlights of the special values at this year's fair:
• Multi-day Admission Ticket – This ticket admits one person for up to three days of the fair for just $18 ($12 less than full gate price).
• Midway Deals – Walmart will offer special vouchers for midway wristbands for just $18 through Aug. 19. That's a $4 to $7 savings for each wristband purchased! Wristband holders also receive a free Pepsi during their visit.
• Free admission ticket in the Indianapolis Star - On Monday, Aug. 6, the Indianapolis Star will print a ticket good for free admission to the fair on the following Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 8 and 9.
• Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday – On Tuesday, Aug. 7 and 14, visitors are admitted for just $2, compliments of Turkey Hill Dairy with voucher.
• $2 Taste of the State Fair – Also on both Tuesdays of the fair, Aug. 7 and 14, concessionaires all over the fairgrounds will have $2 servings all day long!
• Free admission for Indiana state employees – All state employees are admitted for free on Thursday, Aug. 9, with the presentation of an employee ID card.
• Free lottery ticket – On Hoosier Lottery Day, Aug. 11, all guests over the age of 18 can redeem their fair admission ticket stub for a free lottery ticket from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• IPL Carload Day – Large families and groups of friends can save big on Aug. 13. Admission is just $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with a voucher printed from www.IPLpower.com.
• BMV Day – Fairgoers can save $5 off of the $10 gate admission on Aug. 15 by redeeming the voucher available online.
• AAA Day – Hoosier AAA members receive free admission on Aug. 16 when they show their valid 2012 AAA membership card at the gate.
• Free admission for Military personnel and families - The State Fair is honoring our current and former members of the Armed Forces by offering free admission for them and family members on Thursday Aug. 16, with the presentation of a military ID.
• $2 discount with Pepsi brand can – All visitors who bring any Pepsi brand can on the fair's final day, Aug. 19, will receive $2 off the gate admission.
In addition to those great deals, here are several more tips when trying to save on a trip to the Indiana State Fair:
• Buy your gate admission tickets in advance for just $7 ($3 less than gate admission) at Indiana Walmart stores, CVS/pharmacy stores, Indiana Farm Bureau offices, The Marten House Hotel or the State Fairgrounds Ticket Office.
• Take advantage of the free Indiana State Fair shuttle by parking at Glendale Mall's Rural Street lot. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day of the fair.
• Save $1 off fair admission when by biking to the State Fair and using one of the secured bike racks available on the Monon Trail at 38th Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• The FairTrain presented by the Indiana Transportation Museum and WFMS has lowered adult ticket prices by $4 this year! The train from Fishers to the 39th Street Bridge now costs $9 for adults and $6 for children (2-12). Children under 2 ride for free.
• Seniors (age 55 and older) can ride the tractor shuttles around the fairgrounds for just $3 a day with a wristband purchased from the State Fair Information Booths located in Pioneer Village and on State Fair Blvd. Seniors ride free on Golden Hoosiers' Day, Aug. 14.