Health officials find no toxins in recalled Skittles
State health officials say no toxins were found in tests of Skittles candy that reportedly made two people sick in Richmond this week.
An alert was issued Wednesday for Skittles with lot numbers "08JUL14 023" and "01DEC14 023," after two people went to the hospital after eating the candy purchased at a Richmond convenience store. Tests revealed no chemical substances.
Health officials say the candy is safe to eat and there is "no further need to collect samples."
The store where the candy was purchased, the Marathon Food Mart at 2105 National Road West, and the distributor had worked to remove potentially-affected bags from the shelves.