Fresh Ideas with Leigh Ann - Wrap It Up!
Mission Wraps make even the most sophisticated dish easy to prepare. Simply wrap them using your favorite fillings and you're ready to roll. Wrap up the fall harvest with Mission Tortillas that have an authentic Aztec flavor. Our tortillas are a low-fat food so you can enjoy them without the guilt.
They're the easiest way to prepare healthy and delicious meals.
Ensenada Fish Tacos
- 6 Mission 8-inch Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 16 oz Cod or Orange Roughy Fish Filets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced Red Cabbage
- 1 oz package Chicken Taco Spices and Seasonings divided
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2-3 Tbs Milk
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- Mission Chunky Salsa, Medium
- Lime wedges
- Sliced Olives
- Chopped Cilantro, fresh
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Sauce: combine 2 teaspoons chicken taco spices with sour cream and enough milk to thin to pouring consistency; set aside.
Seasoning paste: combine remaining seasonings, oil, and lime juice. Brush seasoning paste over entire fish. Grill or broil until fish begins to flake easily, about 10 to 12 minutes. Flake fish into large chunks. Evenly divide fish among tortillas, top with cabbage and sauce, fold in half, and serve with lime wedges and garnishes.
Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto Chicken Wrap
- 4 Mission Sundried Tomato Basil Wraps
- 4 6 oz Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- Salt to taste
- Coarse ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 package Spring Mix Lettuce
- 1 container Pesto (add to taste)
- 1 cup Walnut Halves
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola Cheese crumbled
- 1 Granny Smith apple thin slices
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Broil or sauté in olive oil until done, approximately 10 minutes. Slice diagonally. Heat Mission Wraps in a hot skillet 15 seconds on each side. Keep warm. On each wrap, place a portion of spring mix in center. Arrange chicken slices on top of lettuce. Add pesto, walnuts, cheese and apples. Fold bottom edge and roll from left to right, to leave one end open. Serve.
Turkey Cashew Salad Wraps
- 4 Mission Multi-Grain Wraps warmed
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 1/4 cup Onions small diced
- 2 stalks Celery small diced
- 1/3 cup Cashews chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper small diced
- 6 oz Turkey Breast (deli), cooked chopped
Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice thoroughly; add remaining ingredients and toss together. Reserve. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas. Tuck in sides of each tortilla and roll up.