Fresh Ideas with Leigh Ann - Nestle
This Nestle Dark Chocolate is delicious in this Dark Almond Butter Toffee and these Dark Chocolate Truffles.
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cups Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
2 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
3/4 Cup Almonds or Pecans, finely chopped
- Slowly bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate and butter. In the bottom of double boiler, bring 1/2" water to a slow simmer. Set pot of chocolate on top. Stir mixture just until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a spoon, scoop chocolate and make rounded balls. Drop onto parchment paper. Refrigerate again for 20 minutes. Round balls and drop into the nut coating. Repeat. Shake the pie plate to coat the truffles evenly. Place into a container, separating the layers with additional waxed paper. Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months. Also try cocoa powder or pistachios for coating.
1 1/4 Cups Butter, divided
35 Saltine Crackers, or 40
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 ounce
1 2/3 Cups Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels, one bag
3/4 Cup Coarsely Chopped Almonds, dry toasted
- Preheat oven to 425° 1 F. Line 15x10-inch sheet pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Pour into prepared sheet pan. Arrange crackers on top of butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan; add brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour mixture over crackers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chocolate on top of pan. Let stand for 5 minutes; until chocolate is shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and lightly press into chocolate. Cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for about 1/2 hour or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; break into pieces.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
1 1/3 cups finely crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 1/4 cups (8 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- Spray 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave 1 cup milk chocolate morsels in uncovered, small microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted.
- Stir crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until moistened. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of tart pan using dampened fingers. Refrigerate.
- Combine cream and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in semi-sweet morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Spread over prepared crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Microwave caramel topping in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring halfway through cooking time. Add remaining milk chocolate morsels; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup nuts over chilled tart. Carefully drizzle milk chocolate caramel mixture over nuts. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cover tart loosely. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove side of tart pan and place on serving platter.