Firefighter treated for heat exhaustion after Columbus house fire


One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion after responding to a house fire in Columbus on Tuesday.

A full county call-out was made to fight the fire on W. Ohio Ridge Road. All of the occupants of the home escaped safely, but the home suffered heavy damage.

There are no fire hydrants nearby, and crews had to deal with 90-degree heat.

Bartholomew County authorities tell WTHR that it started as a dryer fire sometime before noon and spread to the rest of the house.

The fire has been contained.