Errant firework starts Noblesville house fire

Published: .
Updated: .

An errant firework shot through a neighbor's window started a house fire Thursday night in the Monarch Springs addition.

Fire crews were called to the 18800 block of Monarch Springs Drive just after 10:45 p.m.

They found a front window broken and a couch on fire inside a house.

Nearby neighbors reported that the homeowners across the street were carelessly shooting off fireworks when they tipped over, shooting what they described as "fire balls" through the window. One of the fireworks broke the window of the home and set the couch on fire.

The homeowners were out at the time, so nobody was injured.

Damage is estimated at $6,000.

No charges have been filed at this time.