Electrical fire damages Lawrence apartments

Investigators believe electrical problems sparked a fire that damaged several apartments in Lawrence on Tuesday morning.

The fire started along the back fence and spread to the townhouses in the 4000 block of Mount Vernon Court.

Seven people in one of the homes were sleeping at the time and had no working smoke detectors. They got out safely.

The unit that suffered the most damage was being rehabbed and no one was living in it.

The fire caused about $100,000 damage.

No one was hurt.