Dryer fire burns Noblesville house

Courtesy: Noblesville Fire Dept.
Published: .
Updated: .

A mother and four children escaped a house fire on Tippecanoe Drive late Tuesday night.  None were injured, but the house sustained an estimated $50,000 in damage.

Mellissa Bannon told firefighters that her eleven-year-old son, Luke, woke up and heard a popping and cracking sound.  He woke his mother and she noticed that the home was full of smoke, so she woke the other three children and they left.

Crews found smoke and flames coming from the house when they arrived shortly after 10:10 p.m.  The fire, which started in a clothes dryer, was out within half an hour.

The Hamilton County Red Cross is assisting Bannon and her family.