Don't get the flu from your cell phone!
If you have a cell phone, consider these common-sense ideas from AT&T about making sure your phone doesn't become a germ-transmitting device.
- If you share your phone with friends or family, be careful. You may be sharing more than just your phone. You may be spreading a virus!
- Wash your hands frequently. Sing a verse from a familiar song (e.g., "Happy Birthday") while lathering and rinsing. Don't rush. If soap and water are not available to wash hands then use disinfectant like hand sanitizer.
- Wash your phone! If you think it has been contaminated, disinfect your phone. Use a wrung-out disinfectant wipe or spray a paper towel with disinfectant. Don't spray the phone. (Remember that washing your hands and then touching a dirty phone or keypad is self-limiting).
- Try using a Bluetooth device or other hands-free headset, minimizing your keypad-to-face exposure.
- Don't – please don't – use your phone in a restroom. Some things can wait!