Columbus woman burned when candle ignites spray paint fumes

Published: .
Updated: .

Authorities say a central Indiana woman suffered flash burns when a candle ignited spray paint fumes inside a closet.

Columbus Fire Department Capt. Mike Wilson says Sabrina Frasier told firefighters she was painting the closet Monday when the odor intensified and she decided to light a candle. Wilson tells The Republic that the paint vapors ignited when she re-entered the closet carrying the candle.

Frasier was taken to the burn unit at Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis, where she was listed in good condition.

Fire damage was limited to the closet.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)