Clean out your medicine cabinet - March 15-18
The Indiana Poison Center receives on average more than 200 calls a day for help. More than half of these cases involve children under the age of 6. To help protect Hoosier families and communities, Marsh Supermarkets will sponsor its spring "Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet" event March 15-18 at all Marsh and MainStreet Market pharmacies in Indiana.
Do you have old and leftover medicine? Not sure what to do with it? Don't flush it down the toilet or sink. Marsh Pharmacy along with its partners at the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, the Indiana Poison Center, Inmar, IU Health, NuGenesis Environmental Services and Indiana Association for Home & Hospice Care know that our ground water, lakes and streams need to be protected as well as our homes from accidental poisonings. Each of the 40 Marsh and MainStreet Market Pharmacies will be collecting and qualifying unwanted medications for FREE disposal on:
Friday, March 15th, 9AM to 7PM
Saturday, March 16th, 9AM to 5PM
Sunday, March 17th, 11AM to 5PM
Monday, March 18th, 9AM to 7PM.
What kinds of medicine can I bring?
· Pills, capsules and liquids (no aerosols, inhalers, Nitroglycerin or alcohol containing products).
· Medicine must be in original container with original label intact.
· Medicines that have the words ''toxic'', ''corrosive", ''reactive'', ''ignitable'', ''flammable'' or ''poison'' will not be accepted.
· Only one type of medication can be in a single container, no mixtures.
· No pill organizers will be accepted.
· No controlled or illegal substances (check with your regular pharmacist if you're not sure whether a medicine is controlled).
This program is for individuals only. Nothing will be accepted from health centers, clinics, doctor's offices or other organizations. Pharmacist's decision to accept or reject any medication or container is final.