Beech Grove apartment burns overnight

Published: .
Updated: .

Several residents of an apartment building at the corner of Albany and Fifth are spending Memorial Day elsewhere after an early morning fire in their building.

Firefighters were called to the building just before midnight Sunday, and found smoke coming out a window.  They eventually located fire in the attic and quickly put it out.

Of the nine units in the building, only two were damaged by water.  Nobody was injured.

Firefighters say an electrical malfunction likely caused the fire.

No damage estimate was available.